Out of Town
Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village is a maritime village built around the state heritage Lighthouse precinct on 10 acres, reflecting the rich maritime atmosphere of an 1870's coastal port. A School Holiday Program will that rivals the rest and there's activities for the young and young at heart. Activities range from bird feeding, Easter basket making, Making animal masks, making your own bath salts, storytelling and more.
About Flagstaff Hill
- Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village allows you to experience this dramatic part of our history.
- Begin your voyage of discovery through a multi screen theatre that takes you on a voyage in the late 1800's through the roaring southern ocean;
- Explore the Great Circle Gallery museum area that displays our state significant shipwreck artefect collection;
- Be amazed at the personal stories linked to the Victorian Heritage Registered Minton Loch Ard Peacock, Australia's most valuable shipwreck artefect (Valued at $4m)
- Walk through the streets of our village and see the many trades and lifestyles of a maritime village in the 1870's period;
- Meet some of the 120 volunteers that work in the various buildings and research areas to learn more about the history of our region;
- Climb the heritage listed Lady Bay Lighthouses Open Daily;
- See special exhibitions of our rare collection pieces - Now Showing Little Shipmates from the Australian National Maritime Museum;
- Take in beautiful views over Lady Bay whilst enjoying old fashioned Devonshire Teas in the Stella Maris Tearooms.
Day On The Hill - 8th April 2012 EASTER SUNDAY
Flagstaff Hill's Day on the Hill is a once in a year opportunity to enjoy the spectacular spirit of Warrnambool.
On April 8th from 10am to 5pm, come and enjoy live music, delicious food, great children's activities, food stage presentations, competitions and more.
Hosted in the grounds of the Flagstaff Hill Maritime Village the atmosphere comes alive amid the recreated village of Warrnambool's past. Children will delight in the special activities.
89 Merri St Warrnambool VIC 3280
Daily 9:00am - 5:00pm
Flagstaff Hill Village daily Closed Christmas day
Day Time Entry Fees Apply
- Family $39
- Adult $16
- Child $6.50
- Annual Membership $70