Museums and Galleries Kids Activities Melbourne
When you're visiting the NGV International with a baby or toddler, at some stage you'll probably be needing a baby/parents room. Whether it's for feeding, changing nappies or breastfeeding, the NGV's Infant room will accomodate your needs.
This clean, spacious and modern infant room is located near the Women's and Men's restrooms near the Robert Raynor Gallery, Ground Level and contains a microwave for heating food and bottles, highchairs, change areas with bins, private breastfeeding areas with comfy chairs and there's even a fenced mini play area with blocks for toddlers. The play area is the perfect escape for toddlers (or even slightly older children) if you need to feed your baby and have a toddler on hand that needs to be occupied.
Here's some more Family-facilities and tips to make your visit a pleasant one:
- Prams and Baby strollers are welcome in the galleries, but not on the escalators. You may also collapse strollers and store them in the cloakrooms, which are located on the Ground Floor of both galleries.
- Baby backpacks (Ergo's/BabyBjorn etc) are welcome at all times.
- Pram access via lifts and ramps is available at both Galleries.
- Baby changing and breast feeding room at The Ian Potter Centre:NGV Australia is near the Theatre, Ground Level.
- Restrooms for NGV Kids corner are located Ground Level, The Ian Potter Centre: NGV Australia.
- Gallery Kitchen Cafe on the Ground Level of the NGV International is your best bet for snacks, babycino's and a light lunch.