Farms & Zoos Kids Activities Melbourne
It's about getting connected...getting involved...having fun and learning about all creatures great and small at the Melbourne Zoo.
Everything is a top attraction at the zoo but a few worth noting and 'must do's' are the Orang-utan Santuary where you'll go on a journey along an elevated boardwalk and ascend into their tree-top world. Trail of the Elephants is a multi-award winning development that takes visitors into an Asian village and garden setting which is home to the Zoo’s five elephants: Bong Su, Mek Kapah, Dokkoon, Num-Oi and Kulab.
If you haven't packed your own little picnic to eat under a shady tree, there are so many other options on offer. You will find -
- Cafe de zoo - study your map and grab a coffee.
- Mek Kapah Cafe - Menu includes Asian style food, noodle box meals, hot and cold drinks, ice creams, confectionery and snack foods.
- Plaza Kiosk - For all your sweet and savoury bakery goods, salads, hot meals and snacks.
- Lakeside Bistro - Overlooking the beautiful Japanese Garden and Lake, enjoy a vino as it's fully licensed. Kids menu available.
Visitor services include a licensed bistro, take-away food outlets, gift and souvenir shopping, conference and function facilities, wheelchairs, pushers, picnic pavilions, special animal feeding times, keeper presentations and carousel rides.
Wheelchairs, Prams/Strollers and Lockers
All Melbourne Zoo paths are suitable for wheelchairs and pushers which can be hired at the Zoo.
Wheelchairs: free hire, photographic identification required as security.
Bookings essential. Tel: (03) 9285 9300.
Strollers: available for hire from the Zoo Shop at the main visitor entrance.
Cost: $15 hire and photographic identification required as security.
Lockers: are available for hire at both entrances. $2 hire with $5 fully refundable deposit.
- As from 1st July 2011 Kids Can Visit the Zoo for FREE