Lets Bake - Great Kids Cooking Recipes
In our home, we use the gingerbread people as centrepieces for Valentines Day and as gift for family and friends.
This is an easy recipe to make with the kids. The steps are simple and the children can decorate freely.
You will need people cookie cutters and hearts if you like.
- 125g butter, softened
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup golden syrup
- 2 1/2 cups plain flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
1 tablespoon water
1/2 cup icing sugar, sifter
lollies to decorate with
1. preheat oven to 190 degrees, line baking tray with paper
2. place butter & sugar in a bowl & beat until light & creamy
3. add golden syrup, flour, ginger & baking soda
4. mix to form a dough
5. refrigerate for 10 mintes or until dough is firm
6. roll out the dough between sheets of baking paper, cut shapes
7. bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden
8. cool on trays
9. to make icing, mix water & icing sugar until combined, decorate cookies
Recipe submitted by our reader Georgia Zukerman from Parties by Georgia - Georgia has turned her passion into a business - event planning to suit clients and their budgets.