Lets Bake - Great Kids Cooking Recipes
Fun French toast from Taste is easy for kids to make and even easier for the whole family to eat.
- 12 thick slices white bread (or we love big crusty fruit toast!)
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 40g unsalted butter
- 3 bananas, sliced diagonally maple syrup, to serve
1. Using a 9cm star-shaped cutter, cut 1 star from each bread slice. Whisk eggs, milk and cinnamon in a bowl. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Dip 1 bread star in egg mixture to coat, allowing excess to drain. Place on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining bread stars and egg mixture.
3. Melt half the butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat until foaming. Cook bread stars, in batches, for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden, adding extra butter if needed. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm.
4. Layer stars and banana on plates. Drizzle with maple syrup. Serve.