Beautiful beaches stretch for miles across the Morning Peninsula and one of our all-time family faves has to be McCrae beach, right in the heart of Rosebud. This is the quintessential beachy holiday spot – whether it’s a day trip, weekend away or summer holiday, McCrae beach has it all.
Renowned for being a kid-friendly spot; this picturesque setting gives our Qld beaches a run for their money with rolling sand-dunes, walking tracks galore, a soft, sandy (& patrolled) beach with calm crystal-clear blue waters that are ideal for swimming. Add gorgeous, colourful beach huts Victoria is famous for, nearby shops and cafes, plus a playground (look for the mini-lighthouse) it just may well become a favourite destination for you too!
• It can get craaazy busy in summer so try and get their early if you can to claim a pole possie spot!
• There are car parks but parking can be difficult during peak times. People park amongst trees and the side of the road at peak times. First in, best dressed (or should I say parked!).
• Basic (but clean) toilets
• Local shops and cafes nearby
• Approx. 70ks from Melbourne & 3ks from Rosebud
Mornington Peninsula, McCrae Beach
Point Nepean Road, McCrae, Vic 3938