Lets Bake - Great Kids Cooking Recipes
These will be a sure hit with your little sweethearts! Bake up a storm, they'll be the talk of Valentine's Day if you serve these little beauties up.
- 350g double unfilled round sponge cake (see note)
- 250g cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup thickened cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250g strawberries, hulled, sliced
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam
- 1 tablespoon pure icing sugar
1. Place sponge cake layers on a chopping board. Using an 8cm heart-shaped cutter, cut 3 hearts from each cake. Using a sharp knife, gently split each heart in half.
2. Using an electric mixer, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add cream and vanilla. Beat until mixture thickens.
3. Spread cream cheese mixture over sponge cake bases. Top with strawberry slices. Place jam in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on high (100%) for 30 seconds or until warm and runny. Spoon warm jam over strawberries.
4. Sandwich together with sponge tops. Dust with icing sugar and serve.